I have quite a few massage clients who come to me with back pain. This can be caused by anything from sitting down all day or lifting something awkwardly.
Having a dull ache in your back can affect all areas of your whole life. It affects your sleep which adds to loss of concentration. It also makes movement or exercise feel harder or virtually impossible.
During the massage for your back pain, I will work on your whole back including both shoulders. Living with back ache can cause stress which can then affect other areas of your body, e.g. your shoulders and neck.
We can also work together to find out what the cause of your pain could be from and then discuss ways in which you can help yourself outside of the massage.
These could be:
- Ensuring that your posture is correct while sitting at your desk
- Making sure you take breaks in order to move your body
- Learning to be aware of your upper body and when it’s feeling tender then asking yourself why
- Managing any stress in your life
- Learning to meditate
- Lifting in a safe way (click here for tips)
A regular massage can help to alleviate muscle tension and reduce your pain. It also helps to improve your overall health and well-being as well as enhancing your quality of life and the decisions you make each day. This will also have an affect on the life of your loved ones.
If you would like to book an appointment, please use my online booking system by clicking here.